Wednesday, March 21, 2012

CMT vs Zek/Eels? What to run for States

It's been a while since I've posted, I know, But I've been busy lately. What can I say, yet alas, here I am, writing for you about what to run for states and some good tips about ways you can get one more step ahead of your opponents.



As I prepare for Pokemon States here in Minnesota, or any tournament for that matter, I always make sure to take a good look at what decks that other good players might be running to help me get a better idea of what I should play for a tournament. Especially since this is States, doing this can greatly benefit your chances of winning because it will give you the knowledge you need to create a deck that will almost guarantee a win, when facing one of those "top tier" decks that you have accurately predicted to run. Some ways to check out what the "top tier" decks on your own could include: Visiting Pokemon sites: like Pokemon Booster, Etc. Another great way to see what local people are running is to attend Leagues in a card shop near you, (just ask the cashier if they do Pokemon Leagues).

And those are just some of the ways that you can scope out the competition.

Now you might be asking: Why is he telling me all this jumbo about"scoping out the competition," and how does this have anything to do with what I should be running for States? And last but not least when do CMT vs Zekrom/Eels come in?


"All of this will be answered and more, after these messages........."


So, how does this have to with what you should be running at States? Well the answer is simple. When I was doing my usual "scoping" to see what decks I should see at States like I've been doing a lot of as of late, I noticed that what it came down to was simply two decks: CMT (Celebi Prime, Mewtwo EX, Tornadus ) and Zekrom/Eels (Zekrom EX with Electrik).

So, what Pokemon could you use to counter these decks? Pokemon like: Terrakion:


This card is beast right?  I mean Land Crush for 90 damage is good, but if you happen to be facing a Zekrom EX with a weakness of Fighting, (which it has) that 90 damage suddenly turns into 180! Making for some easy prizes early on. Especially if your opponent is dumb enough to put Zekrom EX on his\her Bench, simply use a Pokemon Catcher and hit for a whopping 180!

   And that being said, let me introduce you to a great card that could possibly rise to the top in this meta and even beat CMT and Zekrom\Eels. . . .



If you would like to learn more about this seriously awesome card, check out the ~Card Of The Day~ on the side featuring special scans of Darkrai EX!
 












No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?