Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Remember to Resist!

So now that you know a little bit about how Shane did at States, I think it's time you learned about how I did. Going into this tournament I felt pretty confident with my strange build of a Zekrom\Eels. So confident in fact, that I thought I was definitely going to make top cut. This is the list I used for the tournament:
 Pokemon (13)

 2 Zekrom ND
1 Zekrom EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1 Cleffa
2 Thundurus
3 Tynamo
3 Eelektrik

 Trainers (33)
1 Interviewer's Questions 
4 Professor Juniper
Have you ever seen a Max Potion tech?
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Pokemon Collector
1 N
4 Junk Arm
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Switch
2 PlusPower
1 Revive
1 Pokemon Communication
1 Level Ball
1 Eviolite
1 Good Rod
1 Pokegear 3.0
1 Lost Remover
1 Max Potion

Energy (14)
10 Lightning
4 DCE (Double Colorless Energy)

   After the Tournament started, I find my pairings. The kid I was paired against I know to be pretty much a decent player. We both sit down, greet each other and start the battle. I start with a Thunderus Active, two Tynamo on the Bench and a Mewtwo ( which I keep in  my hand). He starts with two Panphy. One bench one Active. 














        

  

 VS                     





Not really in his favor is it? Anyway, I end up going first. I draw a card then simply used Charge. Now it was his move. He draws, then attaches an Energy to his Active Panphy, and passes. It's my turn. I draw, then play Level ball to search for an Eelektrik and Evolve. Then I attach an Energy to Thundurus, play Mewtwo on the Bench and finally attack using Disaster Volt for the KO and I draw a Prize. Now it's his go again and he draws a card, attaches an Energy to his now Active Panphy, and with sadness in his voice and knowing he will lose says; "your turn". I draw a card, attach Energy,  use PONT, and finally attack using Disaster Volt for the game.......? I'm about to start picking up my cards when some kid that just so happened to be watching the battle at that moment says:  "Wait, um, you seem to have forgotten about Resistance." "What do you you mean" I say. Then I remember; his Panphy I had supposedly KO-ed early on, had a Resistance of Lightning -20. It also had an Energy on it allowing it to reduce 10 damage with its Ultra-Thick Skin Poke-BODY as well.
 The kids friend had "remembered" at "the nick of time." We called a judge over and basically I had a Game Loss all because I forgot about Resistance.

   I was very upset afterward. At the end of the tournament I was even more angry seeing as I ended up NOT making top cut solely because of that extra loss.  Overall though it was a great time, I had fun, and if there is one thing I learned from that day it was: Remember to Resist!  

  















No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?